I finally get to post this one! I have been patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) waiting to get to this point where I can say it is DONE!---well close enough! :)
Sophie's nursery has been a project that has lasted the length of this pregnancy. We wanted a room that she could enjoy as she grew, and not just as a baby. I think it turned out gorgeous, and portrays exactly the atmosphere I was hoping to create for our little girl to enjoy for many many years (or at least until she is old enough to convince her Daddy to redo it.) Many people helped create Sophie's room, and it couldn't have been completed without their help. Thank you to Brian, Brian's dad, my mom, and my sisters for all they did throughout the months to help make Sophie's nursery all it is.
Before I can show the finished product I have to show you where this room began. When we moved in this room was red (I mean red!). We knew it would one day become a nursery, and didn't want to paint it just to have to paint it again so it stayed red.
These pictures show the room when we first moved in.
First on the list: Get rid of the red!
Next steps: Paint it PINK and put the chair rail up!
Next: Assemble furniture and paint chair rail!
Dad being goofy!
Me at 33 weeks!
Starting to look better!
Let the decorating begin!
My amazing friend and art teacher at our school, Tonya, painting Sophie's tree!
And now...the finished product!!!
View from the tree/glider corner looking towards the entry door.
Only thing missing is the cross that is going under the hearts with the scripture, "For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart." 1 Samuel 1:27
Mom is painting the scripture on the cross.
The crib and quilt that I love love love!
View from the entry door. The tree isn't complete yet, but looks beautiful so far!
I love sitting in the glider just taking it all in. It is so calming.
Taken from the window/crib area.
View of the dresser, bookshelf, and closet taken from the window/crib area.
View of Sophie's closet showing her 0-3 month clothes and all her blankets!
Here is a picture of Sophie and me at 39 weeks and 3 days!
Now all there is to do is wait for Sophie to arrive! I hope she loves her room as much as I do!
Awww this is beautiful.. Sophie is such a lucky little baby.
ReplyDelete