Saturday, April 7, 2012

Some crafts I've made for Sophie's room...

Finally ready to post some pictures of things I've worked on for Sophie's room. First, her letters. I decided to hang her first and middle name rather than just her first. Yes it is long, but oh well! They aren't hung up yet, but will be soon (like maybe tomorrow if I can talk Brian, my mom, and Dana into it--haha!)

This wasn't my original idea, but it came to me and turned out well-at least I think so. I decided to use scrapbook paper and Mod Podge it on each letter.


I took many pictures throughout this process so I could remember which paper I chose for each letter. Excuse the beach towel to protect my dining room table.


The next step was to paint the edge of each letter. I used pink, cream, and brown for the edges.



Then, I cut the paper and used tacky glue to attach the paper.


Next was to use tacky glue to wrap ribbon around the edge of each letter. I only did one. My mom did the others! Bless her! Getting ribbon in those tight areas was not an easy task, but it looks great! Last, we used Mod Podge to gloss each one. The final step will be to attach ribbon and hang each letter. This picture shows the letters in her crib.



Another project was her bow organizers. I got this idea from the boutique in the same shop as our photographer. They have it without the frames. I later saw something similar in Pottery Barn Kids, but it wasn't used for bows. A trip to Hobby Lobby and this project was underway.

I used foam board, quilt batting, fabric, ribbon, 3 frames, a mirror, and cardboard. This picture shows how I originally thought I would hang them on the wall.


However, when it was time to hang them up the bows would have been to high for me to reach. Instead, we hung them like this.


The mirror is above some cubicals and wound up being in a great spot. Now that these are up, I'm thinking I might have to make two additional ones to fit more bows! Maybe with a different background and create a square layout but on two walls.

Another project was her coat rack. This was a project that occurred to me later after I saw some friends on Facebook create something similar. I didn't have much wall space to put a coat rack, so went with something small to fit a few coats and/or diaper bag. I decided to paint it brown and then use Mod Podge to attach the scrapbook paper I had left over from her letters. Brian and I worked on it together one night while watching Miss Congeniality. haha!



Hanging on the wall




The last project...for now.

I saw these crosses and had to get them. I'm not much of a painter, but hope they turn out good once finished. I'm going to have my mom paint a scripture on the pink one once they are glued together. Then I'll use Mod Podge to make it glossy.

"For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart." 1 Samuel 1:27

This will probably hang above her changing table.




No comments:

Post a Comment