Sunday was my first Mother's Day. Mom, Sophie, and I had a great day just relaxing at the house. I had looked forward to this day for a year and it all began with a special prayer. Last year on Mother's Day I took my mom with me to Lakewood Church. While we were there Dodie Osteen prayed for moms. She prayed for all moms, and then particular groups including the single moms, grandparents raising children, and also for women who were wanting to become moms. For the women who wanted to become moms she prayed for our bodies and for God to give us a child. She prayed that we would become a mom before this Mother's Day. I believed in this prayer and continued to think about it long after that day. When we found out we were pregnant and due May 1st I realized my prayer had been answered. I can't put into words what this prayer meant to me.There were many prayers during our pregnancy and each one was answered. We have a beautiful and healthy baby girl who was brought into this world through an wonderful pregnancy, labor, and delivery. Although I haven't been a Mother very long, I can already tell it is one of God's greatest gifts. With my Mother's Day prayer answered, I want to offer a prayer for women who want to become a Mom.
Dear Lord,
Please watch over these women. Listen to the desires of their hearts. Prepare their body to carry a healthy child in their womb. Prepare their heart to trust in you and seek you in all they do. I pray that by next Mother's Day they will know the love of being a Mother.
In Jesus' name. Amen.
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!
Such a beautiful story Steph.. Im so glad to have you as a friend.
ReplyDelete